Saturday, December 11, 2010

If ideas grew on trees

Today I'm scribbling around on my side project, a fairy-tale type story for younger readers. When I was a kid, I used to sneak fairy tale books into the house and hide them. Don't ask what phase my parents were going through at that time. Anyway, on my library shelf I have the Complete Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm. In this book, I have found some weird stuff (which would make understandable the parents' phase) and some fun stories that I had never known before.

Taking inspiration from my daughter's unbridled imagination, and the one I used to have, I'm writing a story where anything can exist. I think this will be a liberating thing for me and a good exercise for the creative process that I need for my novel and for my regular writing work. Lately, I've felt perfectionism sneaking in again, attempting to sabotage my ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment